This breakfast is influenced by a dish I had at a health food restaurant that recently opened in the area called Basil Park. Here is my easy take on it for a simple and healthy breakfast.
-half an avocado
-1 large handful of kale
-2 slices of gluten free chia and millet toast
1. Bring three inches of water to a boil in a large skillet. Add a tablespoon of vinegar to the water. Crack each egg into the water and immediately cover and turn off the heat. Let the eggs cook in the skillet for 4 minutes before ladeling them out and placing them on a plate.
2. Slice up half an avocado and drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
3. Sauté the kale in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and red pepper flakes if desired.
4. Toast bread and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil if desired.
5. Place everything on the plate with the poached eggs and enjoy!